As a result of your extraordinary generosity we can report that Our
Emergency On-Line Auction closed last night and raised £53,090.
We are absolutely thrilled to share this news with you. This means that with our previous additional donation of £50,000, the Distillers’ Charity has donated over £100,000 to The Drinks Trust since March. This is an outstanding and remarkable achievement for our Livery.
Sincere thanks to all Liverymen and friends who contributed some rare, unique bottles and items which generated so much interest. The barrel of Caroni 1998 Rum alone, so kindly donated by John Barrett of Bristol Spirits Company, raised £21,500. Huge thanks too to Isabel Graham -Yooll, Sukhinder Singh, and everyone at Whisky.Auction. Without their professionalism and generosity our initiative would not have been possible. Thank You.
All proceeds will go to support The Drinks Trust (www.drinkstrust.org.uk) helping those in our industry in need of support now and in the coming weeks and months ahead.
Here are some stark facts that show why our support is so badly needed …
• So far, The Drinks Trust has helped 1750 beneficiaries with a £250 grant.
• In the first 5 months of 2020, The Drinks Trust has awarded over £800,000 in financial and wellbeing grants.
• 31% of grant recipients had already been made redundant due to COVID19.
• 70% of successful grant applicants stated that they are the sole earner in their household.
• The average age of grant beneficiaries was 29.
• 19% of grant recipients had at least one dependent child.
Finally, the note below (being one of many received from grateful beneficiaries of The Drinks Trust) highlights the impact that a grant makes:
“I would just like to say a massive thank you to everyone involved in this grant! It’s going to help me out massively with bills and being able to eat for the next few months. Relieves some anxiety for sure. I really do appreciate it!”
Thank you again to Middle Warden Chris Porter and to other members of the Charity Committee.