Charitable giving is at the heart of life in the Distillers’ Livery. The Distillers’ Charity (no. 1038763) was established in 1955 and is responsible for raising funds that help to create impact on the causes that we support.
Our vision is to make a difference to young people, including those within the trade, by improving alcohol education, training and vocational opportunities.
Our mission is to support organisations working in the field of alcohol education, training and other Livery-related charitable causes. Our donations are focused on three areas:
- Alcohol-related education targeted at young people. Charities currently being funded include Alcohol Education Trust (AET), whose mission is to help young people to enter adulthood having a healthy relationship with alcohol.
- Education and training of people in the trade. This includes scholarships at the Heriot-Watt International Centre for Brewing & Distilling, the Institute of Brewing and Distilling and the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET). The Distillers’ Charity also supports the Wine and Spirit Trades’ Benevolent Society (the Benevolent), the drinks industry charity.
- The Master’s, The Lord Mayor’s and City-related charities. We support the Master’s charity of the year and the Lord Mayor’s annual appeal. Other City-related charities supported include St Lawrence Jewry Church, the Sheriffs’ & Recorder’s Fund and the Mansion House Scholarship Scheme.
Thank you to all Liverymen who have donated to the Distillers’ Charity and are helping deliver to our charitable goals.
- Annual Fund: If you have yet to make a donation to our charity or wish to increase your giving, please download the Pledge Form here.
- Legacies: If you are considering making a Legacy in favour of our charity, please contact Kim Lyons.