First of all may I wish you and your families all the very best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a happy, prosperous 2018!
Our aim as a friendly enthusiasts club is to;
- Create events that transcend the pleasures of; “driving the open road, car experiences, supporting local distilleries and great camaraderie”.
In 2017 as a club we enjoyed some spendid experiences which commenced in March with;
- A great day out being hosted at Prodrive in the morning and followed by a tour of Aston Martin in the afternoon with an incredibly knowledgeable guide who hosted throughout.
This was followed in June with a most enjoyable visit in stunning weather to;
- The Copper Rivet Distillery, Chatham, generously hosted by our very own Bob Russell and family. The visit incorporated a distillery tour and tasting, the re-enactment (by the Master, Beadle) of the Worshipful Company of Distillers ancient “Regulation of Trade Ceremony” which dates back to 1671. To round off a great day – a fascinating visit to the Historic Royal Chatham Dockyards.
September was a very busy month which saw the club;
- Enjoying a three day tour of the Cotswolds most beautiful villages, incorporating a rare and privileged private viewing of Nick Mason’s Car Collection, enjoying some delicious dinners and camerarderie and finally an enlightening visit to the impressive new Cotswold Distillery.
- Just a week later, adventuring, with a terrific tour of Scotland. Brilliantly organised by Peter McKay and Alex Bruce the club drove through the most stunning of Scotlands scenery, experienced the finest and kindest hospitality, visited “new distilleries” each day and then capped it all with an unforgettable dinner at Broomfield Hall followed by the Livery’s own Black Tie Scottish Dinner in Edinburgh on the very last night.
So what does 2018 have in store for us?
Well if you wish to participate and join the fun – please see the attached 2018 plan
Can you then kindly let me know which activities 1-4 you are interested in, that would very much help the planning?
Particularly can I ask if you would like to join our first event – the February Ferrari Exhibition visit – and if you would like to bring a spouse/partner or a guest ?
All events are on a first come first served basis so it is best to reply to me early if you can!
Our aim though is to include as many members(as priority) and spouses/partners or guests as possible
Very best Christmas wishes once again and here’s to great driving experiences and friendship in 2018.